Check out our FREE ebook for insight into some of the biggest trends set to hit digital marketing in 2014.
Digital marketing is always evolving and, as 2013 showed, marketers must adapt to these changes in order to continue delivering results for their clients.
Last year buzzwords such as big data, content marketing, newsjacking and native advertising were at the forefront of marketers’ minds. Mobile was a major player, as was responsive design.
Google threw us curveballs which included the algorithm updates Penguin 2.0 and Hummingbird. They pushed enhanced campaigns on paid search advertisers and moved even more keywords to now appear as not provided in Google Analytics.
What to expect in 2014
Our team has compiled a list of the digital marketing trends to look our for in the coming year.
- Marketing automation is here. Content at the ready! – Tina Judic, Managing Director
- Mobile advertising comes of age – Luke Townsend, Creative Director
- The end of the law of averages – Simon Raybould
- Brand power: tackling the aggregator sites – Jamie Brady, Head of Performance Marketing and Lead Generation
- Digital marketers to be held accountable – George Bett, Senior Partnerships Manager
- Sales will be further scrutinised by businesses – George Bett, Senior Partnerships Manager
- Successful SEO requires wisdom – Jason Duke, Senior SEO Consultant
- Brand building will grow as a ranking signal – Greg Burgess, Director of Digital Advertising
- You will estimate your multi-channel conversions – Greg Burgess, Director of Digital Advertising
- Marketing spend is static, but expectations are up! – Sam Morris, Client Services Director
- Brick-to-click, the circle finally closes – Sam Morris, Client Services Director